Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Rain

Days...
Weeks...
Months...

Time is endless. We all know this. I have been searching for ways to absorb each second like the oxygen in my lungs. To hang in each moment with my senses running free...

...Though there are times where I just want to let it all run past me while I lay silently in an empty space. Times where I want to hide.

I believe these days are different. I say believe because when I think of these moments--these emotions--my heart shivers in my chest and reminds me that it's beating and that I'm still part of this life. So believe I must, for my sake and for my heart's sake. I have been on these intense highs, the lower of the lows have passed and the hope I once shrugged away has once again wound itself around the center of my universe. Life is a beast, a lover, a labyrinth, a palindrome...

This evening there was a sun shower, and as the darker clouds drug themselves across the torn sky they brought with them a torrential downpour. I stood on the balcony and it seeped into my skin and into my blood and I felt it inside. These are the moments when I am at peace. In the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment